Camping at Ramsey Park
Ramsey Park’s campground is the perfect place to plan your next getaway. Our camping season runs from May to mid-October.
The campground has 31 sites with both 30 & 50 amp electrical hook-ups available for reservations. The campground has a limit of 5 nights stay per visit.
There is also a tent area available on a first-come first-serve basis at a cost of $15/tent/night. Payment for the tent sites only can be made by utilizing the envelopes and dropping the money and envelope in the night drop box located in the campground near the dump station.
Please use online reservations for the 31 sites with electrical hook-ups.
Ramsey Park Campground Facilities
The campground includes an updated bathhouse facility with modern amenities including showers. Near the restroom facility is city water and a disposal station. A Little Free Library was also installed recently to provide additional entertainment.
From the campground you are within easy walking distance to trails, the Swayback Bridge, Redwood River, and the zoo area. The Lower Shelter is also very close by which has many picnic sites, a large grilling area, as well as a playground. From the campground you can also follow the hiking trails or choose to drive up to take a look at Ramsey Falls. In addition, the Redwood Falls Golf Club is also just up the road if you want to bring your clubs.
- Advanced campsite reservations can be made by visiting redwoodareacommunitycenter.com or call the Redwood Area Community Center at 507-616-7444 during normal business hours.
- Tenting area is first come, first serve – no reservations.
- Non-Reserved usage on a first come first serve basis.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to make a reservation.
- Check in time will be 2:00 p.m. and check out time will be at 1:00 p.m. (Check out times only enforced on Friday’s and Saturday’s)
- Although sites may be available earlier in the day, occupancy is not guaranteed until 2:00 p.m.
- Refund or Rescheduling: In order to receive a refund or reschedule your reservation, notification must be made seven full days before your scheduled date of arrival. No full refunds will be given. Refunds are the amount paid for reservation less $5.00 + sales tax. Camping reservations would be per night/per site.
- Park campers and RV units are to be parked only on the designated pad in each site.
- Sites are limited to one camping unit with an axel and one tent; OR two tents per site.
- Campers and RV units are prohibited from using the area designated as "TENT CAMPING AREA ONLY".
- Dump station near the restroom building is available for units upon leaving the campground. Please do not dump grey, black or even clean water on the ground.
- Quiet time in the campground is observed from 10:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Pets are allowed, but must be leashed and attended to at all times. Owners must pick up after their pets.
- Unattended campsite fires must be fully extinguished.
- Parking of vehicles should be on your camp site pad.
- If you have extra vehicles they are to use the parking lot near the restroom/shower building.
- Fireworks are prohibited.
- Anyone violating these rules will be ordered to leave the campground by the Redwood Falls Park Ranger or the Redwood Falls Police Department. In the event of an emergency, contact the Police Department at 507-637-4005 or 911 for emergencies. Please help us keep this campground available for your use and control costs by reporting vandalism to the Police Department.